Thursday, August 11, 2005

Professional Karaoke, Here I Come

Last night, the gang and I went to The Outback Saloon in Boulder for their karaoke contest. This one had a $10 entry fee, first time there's been a fee. Prize money, I presume. Anyway, I tied for first place! I'm so psyched! The final is August 31 at the same dive. Yes, it's a dive. Kate commented that in the swanky town of Boulder, full of hip and happening clubs and bars, I was able to find the one dive. What the hey, I like dives. So homey.
Well, I have a fair amount of confidence about the finals. Bob says the one thing I need to work on is stage presance. I can't argue. Maybe if I find a pair of stylish pants without pockets I'll do better. But with the singing of my "special song" I always knock 'em dead. Oh yea! I can say it because it's true. (My head isn't too big... yet)
Until next time, Laird, the prima donna, signing out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good luck! I miss karaoke sometimes, though there are lots of dives (a dive is... not a "nice" hangout, though they usually have a certain charm of their own.) in Kingman that I've seen =P

~Steph