Sunday, August 07, 2005

The Death of Romance

Match.com Is starting to get a little depressing. I'm trying to have a positive outlook about it, but it's kind of trying. The women who advertise on the site are of course looking for their dream guy. This is unfortunately not a working class wiener with a state job. It's a doctor or movie star. Listen to me, single moms. You are not going to find a man who makes 100k a year on an internet dating site. They do not need it. "My daughter is the most important thing to me, along with your wallet." If they aren't looking for a doctor, they are looking for a vegetarian who doesn't smoke. Then there are the few who appear compatible. They have cute photos, like tattoos, and don't seem to care about income. Very interested in sense of humor. They are just not interested in answering e-mails. (pessimism alert) Even if they did, they'd probably want me for a big sister, anyway. I am honest and a listener, which makes me the guy that girls like to dump their problems on, but I'm not gonna beat them up, so I am uninteresting in a romantic sense. (end pessimism)
Things are gonna get better, I'm sure. It's just having gone 15 month's without the touch of a female is a little trying. If I was a virgin, I'm sure I'd be fine what with not knowing what I was missing. But I do know. And I miss it. It's making me wierd, and It's getting old.

I know my perfect woman is out there, just hope she's closer than Budapest.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I don't know what you're talking about. There is no Sinatraman.

the crunchy one said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
the crunchy one said...

first off, right on for taking initiative and signing up for match.com (i was going to but never worked up the guts). second, not everyone is as superfabulous as sean and can pick a winner in less than five tries (a friend at work has been trying on yahoo for almost a year now). third, there is also something to be said for finding what you are looking for when you stop looking. Don't put too much pressure on yourself because you are a great guy. Somewhere out there is a hip chick who likes tattoos, funny guys and great listeners (she even likes zippy), and she's just waiting to meet you too. (i bet she's moving to denver as we type.)