Friday, June 09, 2006

The Big 666 Letdown

So, as everybody knows, Tuesday was June 6, 06-06-06, Satan's day. It was a little exciting for me. Bookies were giving 10-1 odds the apocalypse would happen. That's what excited me most. My head was filled with visions of a post apocalyptic wasteland, and I was gazing upon it from my mountain fortress. I have one! It's true, ask anyone! I couldn't wait to blast my way through zombie hordes, scoop up Dream Girl, and whisk her away to said fortress, a safe distance from the horror that the metro sprawl had become. This is my twisted fantasy, so I know she'd agree. Besides, what's she supposed to do, sit around and wait to be overcome by throngs of shambling undead? That, or be enslaved by Lord Humongus and his gang of chaps-wearing punk rock warriors. Together, we'd hide in the mountains, occasionally coming out to pick at the carcass of Denver.

But none of that happened. Wednesday came, and I didn't get to smash zombies on the way to work. Things just happened the way they always do. How very dull. I'm not a warrior in an armageddon nightmare world, Dream Girl remains just that, and, perhaps most disappointingly, there are no zombies. I suppose I will learn to deal.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those were some super links! Rock on! Anyways, WORSHIP the monkeys!!!